Purchase Additional Services
- Additional Box USF$25.00We will pack & pick up an additional box to your order. This price includes packing and pick up from your dorm. *This does NOT include the shipping cost to your permanent residence ALL ITEMS ARE PROTECTED AND STORED IN OUR SECURE CONTROLLED FACILITIES.
- Item Disposal$25.00We understand some students may have items that they would like to dispose of and not have packed, shipped, or store for the semester. Therefore use our junk removal and item disposal service to have these items removed from your dorm room residence. Includes removal of a dorm room item or oversized item. This fee only includes one item. You can select multiple items in your cart. Does NOT include hazardous items or items deemed as trash. Not all items may be disposed of. You may be contacted if an item poses a risk to our teams. Fees may increase for electronic items that have hazardous materials. You will be […]
- Oversized item USF$55.00We can pick up and store futons, dressers, sofa’s, flat-screen televisions, and more. This price includes pick up from your dorm & storage all summer. *Does NOT include the shipping cost to your permanent residence ALL ITEMS ARE PROTECTED AND STORED IN OUR SECURE CONTROLLED FACILITIES.
- Project Management USF$300.00We will dedicate a team member to help handle the logistic of your shipping, delivery, or storage needs. Project management is a helpful resource for students who are out of the state or out of the country and need someone on the ground near campus to help facilitate their project needs and goals. Examples of Project Management Task Overseeing shipping of more than 10 items Scheduling Move-in’s to Off-Campus Housing Packing & Shipping of Prescriptions Dis-assembly of Oversized items Assembly of oversized items Acting a Proxy for walk-throughs & inspections
- USF Additional Semester of Storage$180.00If you will NOT be returning to campus in the next semester you may extend your storage by simply purchasing an additional semester of storage. Your items will stay in our facilities and be ready for delivery to campus, pick up from our facility, or shipped home to your permanent residence. Includes one additional semester of storage for one flat rate Pick up from our facility can be scheduled anytime during the semester Storage will end at the conclusion of the academic semester for your university.
Frequently Asked Questions- Ordering & Scheduling
What is Dorm Room Boxes?
Dorm Room Boxes is a student shipping and summer storage company. We pick up your items for storage right at your dorm, store them in our secured facility all summer long, and delivery your items back to you before the start of your next semester.
Are there any hidden fees?
Dorm Room Boxes strives to ensure all of its pricing is up-front and easily understandable for all of its customers. Customers may encounter additional fees based on international service, oversized items, or additional packing or boxes.
What types of payment does Dorm Room Boxes accept?
Dorm Room Boxes accepts payments online with debit or credit cards. We are unable to accept personal checks or cash payments.
Can I talk to a representative?
If you have questions on booking and services you will find the fastest answers in our frequently asked questions. If you did not find the answer to your question please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and a representative will be in contact shortly.
What if I have a sibling also living on campus?
Each package is designed to facilitate pack and storage for one individual.
I attend a different University, is this available for me at my University?
To check if the services are available at that University send us an email with the requested University to email@example.com and a representative will be happy to check that for you.
How do I know my order was placed?
Upon completion of your order if all information was correctly inputted you will receive a confirmation email with your order number.
I placed my order but did not get a confirmation email, what do I do?
If you did not receive your order confirmation please email firstname.lastname@example.org so a representative can assist in providing the order number for you.
I put the wrong return address for my order, how do I correct this?
Please email us at email@example.com with your order number and the requested changes needed. A representative will make the changes and send an updated confirmation email to confirm.
How will I know you have my items?
On the day of your pick up we will video chat with you to confirm the inventory going, once loaded and brought back to our facility you will receive an email letting you know your packing portion of your service has been completed and we now have your items.
What is the video chat?
The video chat is a short 10-15 minute call to confirm contents to be packed and moved, it is also used to address items that do not fit into boxes and or furniture items that need to be added to the order.
I don’t know if either package is right for me, help?
All packages can be changed to meet your needs, once purchased we will have you fill out a short survey to see what additional services may be required.
I lived with another resident(s) this semester who have not yet moved out our space. Do I need to get permission from them to allow Dorm Room Boxes to enter our room?
Answer: You will only need to contact those roommate(s) who have not moved out of your space and have them email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name, USF U#, Building & Room Number and include the following statement: I (name of roommate) agree to allow (your name) to use approved University vendor, Dorm Room Boxes access to our space to pack their belongings.
Dorm Room Boxes will be unable to enter your room and pack your items until USF has received approval from your roommate(s).
Frequently Asked Questions- Packing & Inventory
What if I have an item such as a couch, mini fridge, dresser, or item that will not fit into a box?
Once booked we can take into account any additional items you may have, such as furniture items,items that would not fit easily into boxes, bicycles and other odds and ends.
Can you guys pack and store perishable items?
We do not pack or store perishable items.
I have sensitive medication, can you move this still?
We do not pack or store prescription medication. Please contact email@example.com if you need further assistance handling your medication.
What happens if they pack something that does not belong to us?
The video chat included in the service will be used to ensure we are only grabbing items that belong to you.
How will they protect the items?
Items that are deemed fragile will be wrapped in packing paper accordingly and boxes will be labeled to notify of potential fragile items.
Do these boxes fit hanging clothes or clothes left in dressers?
Our boxes can fit clothes inside them, but they would need to be folded and placed to sit in the box.
What size are the boxes being provided?
All the boxes for packing will be 24″ x 18″ x 18″ in size.
Do they just throw the items into a box in any order?
Items will be grouped together based on likeness, for example books will go with books and other non breakable items, all breakable items will go in one box together and so fourth.
How do we know what’s in each box?
Each box will be numbered and inventoried, contents will be separated by likeness and boxes that are fragile will be labeled as such.
What if I need more than 3 boxes?
Additional boxes can be purchased.
I have medical equipment such as a sleep apnea machine, how will they pack this?
We will wrap and protect these items accordingly and place them into a box if they fit. If the item is to large to fit the boxes provided it will be an additional item on your inventory in addition to the boxes.
What types of items can I store/ship?
Customers are able to store almost anything with Dorm Room Boxes with a few exceptions. Dorm Room Boxes customers can store boxes of items, furniture, mini-fridges, bicycles, and much more. The few exceptions include jewelry, cash, liquids, chemicals (cleaning and otherwise), prescription medication, and perishable foods
Are my items protected in case of damage or loss?
Yes! Dorm Room Boxes is fully insured to safe guard our clients from damage or loss of items. Each box we store is protected for up to $75.00 in value.
Frequently Asked Questions- Storage or Delivery
When do I get my items back?
Once items have been packed and brought to our facility a confirmation email will be sent to schedule return dates for shipping.
Scheduling for storage return requests will be emailed a month before the Fall semester begins. Fees start as low as $50.00 for delivery on campus.
How do I know what the shipping cost will be?
Shipping will be calculated once we have the inventory at our facility and is dependent on total miles and additional items added to the 3 boxes included in the service.
Can we provide our own shipping?
We facilitate the shipping but will allow you to pick your items up if requested.
Where do we go if we want to pick the items up from you?
If you wish to pick your inventory up from our facility please email us the request to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and order number.
Where are your facilities located?
Dorm Room Boxes has storage facilities near each university we service. Your items will be picked up and transported to the closest facility servicing your university or college.
Are your facilities safe?
Dorm Room Boxes stores all of our clients’ belongings in our secured & monitored warehouses.
Frequently Asked Questions- All Other Questions
Will the packers be masked?
Dorm Room Boxes will be abiding by all CDC requirements.
Will they wear gloves?
Dorm Room Boxes will be abiding by all CDC requirements.
I have personal linens, will there be female packers?
We can not guarantee you will have a female packer, however if you are concerned about who is handling these personal items please feel free to email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist.
Do you offer junk removal of items?
If you have furniture items you would like to junk we can add this service in at an additional fee. During the video walk through we can address these items and the cost to remove them. You can also email inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org and a representative will be happy to help.
Dorm Room Boxes
Service Nationwide & International